Pages

March 27, 2014

They're putting brains in beer now.


In an effort to cash in on all of the hysteria around AMC's The Walking Dead (ratings be damned, if you ask me, they're about 3 seasons too late), the fine creative opportunistic sadistic folks over at the Dock Street Brewing Co. have concocted a beer whose ingredients list includes brains.

Like, literally brains.

No, not human brains.  Goat brains.  But still: brains.

Aptly named, "Dock Street Walker", the beer also contains non-brain ingredients.  Barley and oats and other things you'd expect to find in your beer.

But also: brains.

If their intention was to draw up some publicity for their company, mission accomplished.  I don't even drink, yet I'm taking time out of my day to write about it.  But I can't imagine this being anything more than a novelty to get some name recognition.

This is coming from a guy who once joined Citizen's Bank simply because they were the Official Bank of the Boston Celtics, so I could be way offbase.  Of course, Citizen's Bank didn't grind up bits of Larry Bird and embed those in my debit card.  Although, if they did, I'd probably still be a customer.*

So maybe Dock Street Brewing knows what it's doing.

*I wish that was a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment